Media & Photo Requests
Are you a writer/journalist/other member of the media looking for information about, and/or photos of, the Scotchman Peaks Wilderness? Please read this page as it will provide you with links to a variety of resources and access to photos.
For general information on Wilderness:
- Read our page: About Wilderness
- For more information on the Wilderness Act you can view or download a comprehensive “handbook” from The Wilderness Society.
- For an excellent and timeless opinion on the need for multiple-use wilderness lands, read this article republished with the permission of the Bonner County Bee, titled “Why We Need Wilderness Designation for the Scotchman Peaks”
For information specific to the Scotchman Peaks proposed Wilderness Area
- Read our page: Background Facts
- You can get answers to many questions about Wilderness Areas in general or about the Scotchman Peaks Wilderness Area in particular on our FAQs page.
For information about the Friends of Scotchman Peaks
- Read our page: About the Peaks
- Read our page: About the Friends
- Read our page: About the Board & Staff
Friends of Scotchman Peaks Photo Collection
Below is a collection of photos that represents the “best” of over 80,000 photos submitted to the Friends of Scotchman Peaks, from numerous photographers.
The Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness has the rights to use these photos and will grant the right to use them in media publications or other non-commercial uses which promote our communities and our region.
- Please use THIS form to let us know how/where/why you are using the photo, and/or to request a hi-res version if needed for print.
- We ask only that you attribute the image properly with a photo credit for both this website and the photographer.
- PLEASE download and read our Photo Media Information and Permissions Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Please ALSO download our Photo Titles and Credits (Excel spreadsheet) for titles, descriptions, and photographer’s credit.
Please direct any questions to any of the following:
- Phil Hough – Executive Director: Phil@ScotchmanPeaks.org
- Doug Ferrell – Chair & MT Director: Doug@ScotchmanPeaks.org
- Sandy Compton – Program Coordinator: Sandy@ScotchmanPeaks.org