Wild places provide a sanctuary from human society. But that doesn’t mean they don’t benefit the communities that support them.
Just ask Lincoln County, Mont. In 2014 and 2015, some of the county’s most important businesses and organizations put together a community prosperity forum series. And one of the topics covered within that series was wild public lands.
As detailed in the forum, wild places are an economic resource greater than its trees and minerals. They also provide a natural beauty and a location for hunting, fishing and hiking. It’s the kind of country that calls to city dwellers and promotes tourism. Simply put, wild country is good for our health. It’s good for our peace of mind. And it’s good for business.
The Forums were done in partnership with:
- Cabinet Peaks Medical Center
- Clearwater Montana Properties
- Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness
- Idaho Forest Group
- Kootenai Job Service
- Kootenai River Development Council
- Libby Chamber of Commerce
- Libby Now!
- Lincoln County Asbestos Resource Program
- Lincoln County Tourism Bureau
- Molly Montana Real Estate
- Montana Wilderness Association
- Revett Minerals