Senator Risch introduced the Scotchman Peaks Wilderness Act in December 2016 due to overwhelming support by the local community.
Help protect the Scotchman Peaks – send a message to the Bonner County Commissioners and North Idaho State Representatives.
How to contact the Bonner County Commissioners
Mail: Bonner County Board of Commissioners | 1500 Hwy 2, Suite 308 | Sandpoint, ID 83864
How to contact North Idaho state representatives
State Senator Shawn Keough
Mail: PO Box 101 | Sandpoint, ID 83864
Phone: 208-263-1839 (home)
State Representative Heather Scott
Mail: PO Box 134 | Blanchard, ID 83804
State Representative Sage Dixon
Mail: PO Box 206 | Ponderay, ID 83852
Phone: 208-610-4800 (home)
What should I write?
Ask your local elected officials to support legislation to designate the Idaho side of the Scotchman Peaks as Wilderness.
Let them know you are a resident of North Idaho and tell them a personal story about why the Scotchman Peaks are important.
Designating the Scotchman Peaks would:
- Protect the first wilderness areas in Idaho’s nine northern counties.
- Ensure that future generations will continue to enjoy this remarkable area.
- Provide outstanding opportunities for hiking, backpacking, hunting, fishing, and photography.
- Contribute to the economic vitality of Bonner County, Idaho, through recreation, tourism and quality of life.
- Provide habitat security for a diversity of fish and wildlife, such as mountain goats, deer, elk, bears, and trout.
Now is the time to act.