This started out as a top 10 reasons list ala David Letterman, but there are sooo many good reasons to be a FSPW volunteer, it was hard to stop. We managed to pare the list down to 15.
15. Volunteering for any cause is a great reason to turn off the television and get out of the house
14. It’s a good opportunity to meet like-minded folks.
13. As an FSPW volunteer, you can hang out at the county fair, Earth Day events, picnics and Libby Nordicfest.
12. As an FSPW volunteer, you can choose from 3 or 4 different Fourth of July Parades to walk in.
11. As an FSPW volunteer, you can get fit by hiking and by helping with trail maintenance projects we are doing with the Forest Service.
10. You have first opportunity to buy and wear the cool Scotchman Peaks swag.
9. During film festivals at the Panida, our table (manned by volunteers) is always next to the bar.
8. For film festivals at the Panida and other film festivals at which we have tables, FSPW volunteers get first dibs on tickets.
7. As a FSPW hike leader, your view is not blocked by someone else’s . . . umm, back.
6. Volunteers are the heroes of any cause.
5. It will make your Mom proud of you.
4. It gives you an excuse to spend time in some of the most beautiful terrain on the planet.
3. It involves you in an important, community-based project.
2. The planet needs wilderness, and you live on the planet.
1. The Scotchman Peaks, in all of their wild beauty, need and deserve Wilderness designation.
If you would like to volunteer for any or all of the above reasons, don’t be shy. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
It will make your Mom proud.